Geometry Correction Brackets or Adjustable Control Arms – Which is Better for Your Jeep Wrangler or Gladiator?
Does a Lift Kit Affect Handling?
Whether you want to add larger tires to your vehicle or want more clearance for rock crawling, installing a suspension lift kit to your Jeep Wrangler or Gladiator is a popular aftermarket upgrade. However, adding a suspension lift kit to your rig can affect the steering of your vehicle. Whether you’re on the trail or on the highway, you may notice that the higher center of gravity of your vehicle has a direct effect on how it handles.
Keeping the factory control arms on a lifted Wrangler or Gladiator can lead to alignment issues and reduce the performance of your Wrangler, yet replacing the factory control arms or adding geometry correction brackets can counteract the effects of lifting your rig. While both options can adjust the vehicle’s caster angle, each part does it in different ways. To decide which option is right for your Jeep, check out this comparison of geometry correction brackets and adjustable control arms.
Geometry Correction Brackets
Designed to keep the control arms at factory angles, geometry correction brackets can improve the handling of your Jeep Wrangler after adding an aftermarket lift kit. A cost-effective alternative to adjustable control arms, geometry correction brackets reduce brake dive and allow for proper caster angle. Ideal for vehicles that spend a majority of their time on city roads and highways, geometry correction brackets deliver improved handling and steering.
- Easy to install
- Cost-effective upgrade
- Keeps control arms at factory angles
- Helps improve the ride feel over stock
- Works at various heights from 2" to 4.5"
- May hang down a bit and take away from clearance
- Stock control arm won’t have the same flex as an adjustable control arm
Adjustable Control Arms
For lifted vehicles that spend a significant amount of time on the trail, adjustable control arms can be a great option for resolving geometry issues on your Jeep Wrangler. Adjustable control arms help correct caster angles, centers the axle, and reduces the range of travel. You can tweak the settings on an adjustable control arm to get them dialed-in to the ride and feel that you want, getting the caster and pinion angles perfect.
- Perfect for the trail
- Adjustable to set caster and pinion angles
- Works on vehicles from stock height to 4.5"
- Can upgrade all the arms at once or on an individual basis
- Needs slightly more maintenance than a stock control arm, but are rebuildable with parts from Rancho®
Rancho Geometry Correction Brackets
Rancho control arm geometry correction brackets help deflect road harshness, reduce brake dive, and allow for proper caster angle after the addition of an aftermarket lift kit. Compatible with 2" to 4.5" lift kits, the one-piece welded design features three fixed adjustment locations for each height with option for additional caster.
- MAINTAINS CASTER ANGLE -- Keeps control arms at factory angles to deflect road harshness, reduce brake dive, and allows for proper caster angle on lifted Jeep models
- EASY TO INSTALL -- Bolt-on system for easy installation features three fixed adjustment locations for each height with the option for additional
- RESISTS CORROSION-- Durable black E-coat finish resists rust and corrosion
- ENGINEERED TO LAST -- Made of high-strength, low-alloy steel for long life and dependability
- ONE-PIECE SOLUTION -- One-piece welded design eliminates need for adjustable control arms or cam bolts for caster correction
|Rancho Geometry Correction Brackets|
|RS62118B||2018-2022 Jeep Wrangler JL
2020-2022 Jeep Gladiator JT
|RS62103||2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK|
Rancho Adjustable Control Arms
Engineered to improve ride quality by reducing noise, vibration, and harshness, Rancho front upper adjustable control arm kits are designed for your stock or lifted Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator. Made of heavy-duty tubing for improved strength to handle off-road obstacles, this pair of control arms allow caster and pinion angle adjustments. The forged ends feature Rancho’s innovative high-articulation, maintenance-free D2 bushings.
- MAINTENANCE-FREE BUSHINGS -- Features Rancho’s D2 high-articulation, grease-free, self-centering bushings that have a PTFE liner in the internal bushing that serves as a lubricating agent for long-lasting, maintenance-free operation
- IMPROVES RIDE -- Reduces noise, vibration, and harshness for improved ride quality
- ADJUSTABLE -- Front upper arm allows caster and pinion angle adjustments on the vehicle
- RESISTS CORROSION -- Durable black powder-coat finish resists rust and corrosion
- ENGINEERED TO LAST -- 2.0-in. OD diameter bar upper arms made of heavy-duty 0.188-in. DOM wall tubing with forged ends for long life
- EASY TO INSTALL -- Includes two preassembled control arms for easy installation
|Rancho Adjustable Control Arms|
|RS66164B||Front Upper||2018-2022 Jeep Wrangler JL
2020-2022 Jeep Gladiator JT
|RS66165B||Front Lower||2018-2022 Jeep Wrangler JL
2020-2022 Jeep Gladiator JT
|RS66157B||Rear Upper||2018-2022 Jeep Wrangler JL|
|RS66158B||Rear Lower||2018-2022 Jeep Wrangler JL|
|RS66166B||Rear Upper||2020-2022 Jeep Gladiator JT|
|RS66167B||Rear Lower||2020-2022 Jeep Gladiator JT|
|RS66155B||Front Upper||2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK|
|RS66156B||Front Lower||2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK|
|RS66157B||Rear Upper||2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK|
|RS66158B||Rear Lower||2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK|
Please note that this is a partial listing of Rancho’s offerings. Consult Rancho’s part finder to look up parts for the Jeep Wrangler TJ, Ford Bronco, Ram 1500 DT and Ram 2500.
The content in this article is for informational purposes only. You should consult with a certified technician or mechanic if you have questions relating to any of the topics covered herein. Tenneco will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on any content.